What’s sweeter than hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, and rice krispe treats? The sense of accomplishment you get by finishing a 5K! SWEAT Fitness is starting Run Club again for the season with a FREE, all-levels training program for the Philadelphia Hot Chocolate 5K that will get you from couch to 5K in 5 weeks, or for the seasoned runner, a better race and a faster finish time. No runner is ever left behind!
We will be offering 2 Run Clubs:
- SWEAT Queen Village on Thursday, March 5th at 6pm: March 5th Run Club CNCELLED DUE TO SNOW. IF YOU ARE A NON-MEMBER, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] SO WE CAN GIVE YOU A GYM PASS TO COMPLETE TRAINING EXERCISES THIS WEEK!
- SWEAT King of Prussia on Monday, March 2nd, Wednesday, March 4th and Thursday, March 5th at 6pm: MARCH 5th RUN CLUB CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW. IF YOU ARE A NON-MEMBER, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] SO WE CAN GIVE YOU A GYM PASS TO COMPLETE TRAINING EXERCISES THIS WEEK!
Training plans for beginner and intermediate written by Josh Everetts, Run Club leader of SWEAT Queen Village:
Week 1 for Beginners:
- Start off with a slow walk on the treadmill and gradually increase speed until you can still comfortably hold a conversation.
- Try for at least 1 mile and if you feel well enough, keep going.
- Do this every other day for 1 week and try to get up to a 5k walk by Run Club day.
- Throw in some beginner Group Ex classes such as yoga or pilates to stay flexible.
Week 1 for Seasoned Runners:
- If your goal is to build speed, do intervals on the treadmill.
- Start your week at your comfortable pace and see if you can complete a 5k. This will be your base speed/distance.
- Every other day do 1/2 mile regular pace then bump it up the next 1/2 mile. Do this as long as you can.
- Also, on your off days, try Group Ex classes to stay flexible.