I live my life with focus and intention to feel good. My choices revolve around my health and maintaining a quality of life that allows me to enjoy all of its sweetness. You’ll sweat! And hopefully leaving class with a more attuned sense of your own body and how to serve it well. I’m not naturally flexible, so yoga felt like a journey that could last me a lifetime. I like to think of diet and exercise as part of a maintainable lifestyle, so when I found yoga, I knew I was hooked. I set an intention for my practice, make it time for myself above anything else. I remind students throughout classes to tune in to what they need from their practice and encourage them to listen to the wisdom of their body.
- Training Locations: Vinyasa Yoga. Sunday QV 10-11:15
- Mantras: “It never gets easier, we just because more comfortable with being uncomfortable.“
- Hometown: Rockleigh, New Jersey
- Guilty pleasure: Cheese and red wine
- Healthy meal: I love making a fresh veggie stir fry with buckwheat soba noodles
- Healthy snack: Fresh farmers market fruit especially apples cut into slices and sprinkled with cinnamon
- Healthy drink: Green smoothies with kale, kefir, cashews, frozen bananas, avocado and cinnamon
- Other job: I’m a mental health therapist for elementary school kids
- Family: I have 2 dogs (a pitbull and a yorkie, both 11) and a cat.
Name and recipe of your favorite healthy meal / snack / drink:
- I love soup!!! In the winter nothing beats a hearty minestrone. I get whatever veggies I have in the house (carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, squash) and saute them progressively starting with those that take longest to cook. I slowly add veggie stock to create flavor and then add bowtie pasta, a can of tomatoes and some smashed up pinto beans. It’s so amazing with some crusty bread for dipping.